Tuesday, September 16

i wrote this two years ago when i gave up.

i feel like You're the only one i can run to
when they're against me
and when i'm alone in my darkest moment
You give me the desperation to be in perfect peace
but did i think i'd forget how weak i am?
did i think i wouldn't fall under my own pride?
that i wouldn't try to persuade You to let me leave
so i would be exempt from conviction?

quietly i keep still tonight
an imperfect vanishing mask 
is all that's left to be taken
i promised i'd never leave You
nevermind that i'm not satisfied 
with where i am at in life
but, am i rumored to be, can i say it, carefree
with all i ever fought for in life
only to be rewarded with consequences 
You told me to be broken with the purpose of 
You dying to make me valuable
i wanted You to breath for me too

revisit to a time when i
thought i was deteriorating
but was only being molded
look at the way i used to thrive
a child playing in the light reflections from the window
when i could look inside my chest
and see what made my heart beat
before its too late, Jesus
shatter the walls blocking me from reality
causing my evils to build brick walls between me and You
take back what made my soul survive

i feel so lost 
surrounded by my feeble attempts
to make my intentions even half-clear
i'm only destined to fail on my own
this is my last chance before i die again
let me be perfectly honest, dear children:
it hurts to live a lie

No comments: